Saturday, August 7, 2010

A New Leaf & Passion

After posting my last update I re-read what I had written pre-surgery.... and deeply cringed when I read the two sides piece. How self important am I? My goodness. I am so sorry.

This week, well actually Monday, I made it my mission to earnestly try and figure out what I want to do with my life at least till I have kids (I know my goals and just about everything else will change then). I am turning over leaves - both personally and professionally. I promptly started looking at the jobs available. I read descriptions, went to websites, and did some independent searching. After hours upon hours of searching I was a bit flustered. Not one of the prospects even remotely appealed to me.

Then when I was about to try and derive another method I came across an opening at a chain photography "studio." That is when I had a stroke of inspiration. The gears started to come together, what if I did photography? I could capture the moments of new journeys, fresh life, and what ever I wanted in-between! Eventually, I might even be able to open my own studio. Of course I realize this will not happen over night. I need to practice, train and through experiences I will lean. It is so exciting.

I went to the Fort Worth Camera Club meeting on Thursday - which only fueled my desire to start running with my new found pursuit. Today I have priced cameras and done some checking on what it might take financially for me to go to Big Bend in November. It was talked about at the meeting. I have always wanted to see Big Bend and the fall colors (I am hoping) in combination with the scenery will be an experience. Unfortunately, it looks like camping is the only realistic way I can go seeing as I do not own a camper and staying in a motel is out of my budget. so that will prove interesting I am sure. Roughing it is not usually my idea of fun. Hahaha, I just remembered for the second time today, I do not even own a tent. That I will hopefully be borrowing one from someone.

Well it is getting late and I still need to fix dinner, have a great weekend!

                                          ~*~Serenity~*~

1 comment:

  1. Yes that is my wife! Her name was Olivia Berry (now Olivia Tucker of course). She said she knew you from church. What a coincidence. Good luck with your photography. Keep posting

    ReplyDelete