Thursday, March 10, 2011

Something in the Water

Lately – ok, so for the past year – it seems like everyone who is married (or should be) and is of child bearing age is having a baby.

For almost TWO years, just about every month I thought that there would be positive signs or results indicating that we were. Every month I would find our otherwise. It first it was such a relief but then after a year of it started to become a frustration, because I looked prego and not just a little. So the only other logical explanation is that I was F-A-T, FAT. I felt it, looked it and was extremely hurt and mad because I had no baby to show for it, knew some of the comments and remarks that were being made and I had not gone on an eating binge. In-fact I had cut out sugar, sodas, and tried various other things.

I was exercising - I had tried walking, aerobics and then I was even riding my bike 6  miles four times a week. So honestly, I should have lost weight not gained it. The last time I thought I was pregnant, I honestly and truly was so very happy about it. Various things that had scared me out of my mind I had dealt with, had for the most part made peace with, and so on. So with the one exception of Josh not being out of school, I felt ready.  So when I learned I wasn’t I was extremely and utterly disappointed. Remembering, it still brings tears to my eyes.

Now don’t misunderstand me. I love where we are in our lives. It’s great being just Mr. G and I. We are able to do things that we wouldn’t if we did have kids, not to mention the financial responsibility. In addition to that we have been waiting for Mr. G to finish school before we started trying to grow our family. Hopefully he will be finished by the end of the summer. 

I said ALL of this first of all because I needed a place I could say a few of my thoughts and secondly, I because It seems that at least every other week some else is I know is pregnant- There’s got to be something in the water! …Just to be safe you might want to get yours from a private well for the time being. 

LOL,
Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment